fit 4 future Steps
The very first steps towards an international training module were made in late 2009 and 2010, when the CPC Austria developed and first tested the concept of an environmental training – the ECOPROFIT Assistant (EA).
With a lot of knowledge about the needs of pupils, employees and unemployed regarding “green skills” this training module was designed and implemented at schools and VET organisations. With the lessons learned from trainings over two years and intensive discussions with stakeholders and education-experts the EA training was modified and improved and is nowadays a well-established training and an additional certification for the target groups.
The project fit 4 future includes the following five main steps and activities which are carried out jointly by the project partners:
Step 1: EA development
Even before starting the project it was claer that a re-design of the content and the methododical and didactical approach of the EA training would be necessary.
With its content the EA training builds the capacitiy for working on sustainability issues, waste- and energy management and topics related to Cleaner Production. Main topics of the EA training:
- Sustainable economic development
- Awareness-raising for acceptable ecological and feasible economic activities
- Climate protection and Ecological Footprint
- Cleaner Production – preventive, company-specific environmental protection
- Waste management
- Energy management
Step 2: EA transfer
The transfer of the EA training module will take place under the following three framework conditions:
1. The transfer will take place in the same sector - education.
The involved partners are bit cz, CTC Polska, Training2000, Embrace/One Planet Ventures and CPC Austria - all of them provide services for pupils, employees and unemployed.
2. Geographically, we will transfer the training concept from Austria to 4 European countries (CZ, PL, IT, UK).
3. The transfer will be supported by an adaptation of the successful training concept and materials from Austria according the local needs of each region (CZ, PL, IT, UK).
The contents of the materials will be tailored to the specifics of the environmental issues in each target region and the goals of the European Union: "every job will be green" / every job needs green skills". The didactics will be interpreted and modified by the trained trainers and enriched with the regional experiences. The translation of booklets and training materials from German to all other four project languages will be the core activity of the transfer process.
Step 3: EA train the trainer
After step 2 "transfer and adaptation of EA" the next step is to create a structure for multipliers. Trainers in all the partner countries are needed to conduct the EA trainings in schools and training organisations. Therefore train the trainer seminars on international level and if necessary on national level are planned to train the respective persons on didactical, methodological and professional issues regarding the EA.
In this work package the following aims are defined:
- create a curriculum for train the trainer seminars
- create requirements/skills for potential trainer and auditors
- transfer the teaching/training knowledge and methodologies in the train the trainer seminars
- elaborate a training manual (train the trainer booklet)
Step 4: EA pilot trainings
With the well trained trainers pilot trainings for the target groups of the project will take place. The objectives of this step are:
- to conduct two pilot trainings in each partner country with different target groups (employees, unemployed, students/pupils). These pilot trainings include the training, the online-testing and subsequent the final certification.
- evaluation of both trainings and collection of suggestions for improvement.
- to create a working group which summarizes all the suggestions (also in the future) from all countries and incorporating into the ECOPROFIT Assistant methodology and materials as a standard. This task group is very important for the sustainability and further development.
Step 5: NCP
For sustainability in each country national contact points (NCP) will be set up. These NCP will function as national coordinator, multiplier and contact point for issues related with the EA training and certification. The role of the contact point will be:
- information platform for the EA training and certification
- quality control of EA trainings in the country/region (continuous evaluation and adaption)
- to offer train the trainer seminars for multipliers
- certification of other education center (VET) to take over the EA in their training offer